I Never Said Troops Lacked Commitment – Buratai - Chrysora

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Tuesday 25 June 2019

I Never Said Troops Lacked Commitment – Buratai

The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai who spoke when he visited Gov. Babagana Zulum of Borno in Maiduguri on Monday, claimed he never said that troops lack commitment. Recall that days ago, the Army boss suffered a backlash after it was reported that he said some setbacks in operations in recent times stemmed from “insufficient commitment’’ by those at the frontlines.

However during his visit to Gov. Babagana Zulum of Borno, Tukur Buratai who claimed he never said troops lack commitment, added that he was quoted out of context.

“Let me categorically say that I never said in my remarks that the troops lack commitment. It was completely wrong and I want to believe that somehow, I was quoted out of context and probably with an element of mischief. If you read that remark which was published on our website, you will see that there is nothing like lack of commitment. Some have even gone beyond that and quoted me as saying that the troops are cowards. This is far, far from the truth,’’ he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment