Dokubo mourns sister - Chrysora

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Monday 17 June 2019

Dokubo mourns sister




Coordinator of the Presidential Amnesty Programme Prof. Charles Dokubo has described the death of his elder sister, Madam Amaro Roseline Dokubo, as an eternal pain.

A statement by his media aide, Murphy Ganagana, said Dokubo spoke at Madam Amaro’s burial in Abonnema, Akuku-Toru Local Government Area of Rivers State, at the weekend.

She was 73.
Dokubo, who described his sister as a mother and friend, lamented that until her death, she stood by him through thick and thin.

He said: “Sister Ama, I know you are at peace where you are and there is no need for tears. I know how much tears I shed when I received the call that you had passed on. As I stood motionless in my office, consumed with grief, the tears kept rolling, giving me a feeling of emptiness of heart. I realised that a pain has come that will never go away, and I must own that you have gone forever.

“You always shared in my joys, sorrows, laughter, tears and successes; an inspiration from my tender age to my adulthood, up till the time you departed. You are gone, but there is a place deep down in my heart where God has placed a love for you. My beloved sister, you will remain there forever.”

Dokubo said he considered himself lucky to have had a loving, caring and supportive sister like Madam Amaro. “I will miss our little talks, our uncommon jokes, your comforting and reassuring voice; your inspirational words of wisdom, guidance and advice,” he added.

Until her death on April 11, Madam Amaro was a business woman, respected community and religious leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment